Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1, 2012


This blog was created for National Poetry Month 2012.
I'm still finishing work created in March for International Crochet Month.
I'm interested in merging my poetry and my crocheting --- crocheting poems
as well as writing poems about crocheting.

*************************************




hands, hungry for hook and fiber
want to taste again the twirl of frame
wrapping, upside down, turn around
the satisfaction of feeling full
and dextrous, holding the big red needle
as you dress it, thread by thread
lifting over its width to make
rows of loops, another lace,
a fabric of figured connections,
script in space, document of motion.



*************************************




by his fetid breath
heavy with petulance and
the unfulfilled hunt
i know the cat sits next to me








No comments:

Post a Comment